The ultimate summer treat!
With British Summertime fast approaching, what better way to tantalise those taste buds than with a sharp and refreshing lemon sorbet? Thanks to the Head Chef at Shibden Mill Inn, Darren Parkinson, you can make this ultimate summer treat for yourself. Combine with your favourite fresh berries and homemade shortbread for a delicious dessert or alternatively add a dash of prosecco for a sparkling summer cocktail.
- 6 Large lemons (all juiced and the zest of 2 lemons)
- 200g of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vodka
- 75g of glucose syrup
- 400ml of still bottled water
- 3 pink pepper corns
- 1 sprig of lemon thyme
- First of all, place a small saucepan over a medium heat
- Place the bottled water, caster sugar, pink pepper corns, lemon thyme and glucose in the pan
- Mix together and boil until the sugar dissolves, for approximately one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool
- Add the lemon juice, vodka and lemon zest into the pan
- Pour the combined ingredients into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn for around 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, the sorbet should have frozen into ice crystals but still be quite soft
- Transfer to a tight storage container and freeze for 24 hours
- Remove sorbet from freezer one hour prior to serving