Make a special lamb rump steak recipe from our new inn, The Victoria
Ingredients (serves two people)
4 potatoes – Maris Piper or Maris Bard
100gms fine beans (bunch)
6 spring onions (bunch) chopped
Half a head of garlic
150ml whipping cream
1 small glass red wine
8ozs lamb rump 2 portions)
50gms chive and parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
For the mash
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, rinse with cold water and place on the heat and boil for 15 minutes.
- When boiled, drain and dry them and pass through a potato ricer.
- Add 50gms of the butter, salt and pepper to taste and 100mls of whipping cream and bring the ingredients together over the heat.
- Sweat the chopped spring onions and parsley/chives in some butter and fold them into the mash.
For the lamb rump
- Trim off excess fat and score the fat. Place in a hot frying pan that has been seasoned, with fat side down and seal each side of the meat for 2 minutes.
- Place in an oven 180 deg C for 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Remove and allow to rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Add garlic and red wine to the frying pan and put back on the heat to de-glaze.
- Add 10gms of butter and monté (thicken for jus).
- Use garlic to garnish.
For the fine beans
- Top and tail the beans and place in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Strain and then place in a hot pan with seasoning and 5 gms butter. Allow to coat for approximately 1 minute before serving.