Live Fire Masterclass with Shropshire Lad Adam Purnell & Stuart Phillips at The Hundred House on Sunday 29th September 2019
Learn how to Roast, Grill, Smoke, Bake & BBQ over charcoal & wood using ancient Kadai firebowl, Big Barrel Drums & Weber BBQ.
9.30am – You’ll be welcomed with Cowboy Coffee & Sausage Bap, straight off the fire! Followed by a tour of the Herb Garden, find and learn what herbs to use in your days cooking.
- Light my Fire with Adam! Learn how to manage fire using Oak, Cherry, Ash & Charcoal.
- Kadai beked Bread Rolls, learn how to make and knead these, hands on!
- Outside Brown, a low & slow dish, with similar principles to Pulled Pork, however using thick steaks means you get that delicious bark in every bite – crunch on the outside, then it falls apart!
- Knifes skills masterclass with Stuart, learn skills & techniques that will make your cooking so much quicker & easier!
- Something Fishy! Hot smoked Mackerel, slashed with herbs, roasted on the Weber, served with fresh horseradish sauce.
- Wood fired Mussels with garlic, parsley & lemon.
- Hot & Fast Brisket, learn how to trim, set & control the temperatures for amazing flavour! Ad will also be demoing how to make “Burnt Ends” out of the point.
- Fire isn’t just for meat! Adam & Stuart will be creating a Vegan/Vegetarian zone on the Kadai. Featuring Seitan Kofte’s, Beetroot Sliders, Lebanese Chargrilled Vegetables, Smoked Baba Ganoush, Herb Dips, Cous Cous, Salad Bar & Smoked Tomato Salsa.
Around 1.30 pm everyone sits down for a communal feast!
- It’s time to munch through the mighty tasty fruits of your labor, washing it down with Woods Brewery “Shropshire Lad” Ale.
- Spatchcock your Chicken on the Weber, using a variety of Herbs you’ve picked from the garden
- Closing down your BBQ/firepit & how to look after your genuine & ancient Kadai Firebowl
Please ring The Hundred House Hotel direct on 01952 580240 to book. Price is £149 is inclusive of Lunch, Refreshments and Takeaway!
For more info and bookings: