Great deals on overnight stays this Summer from as little as £98 per room per night inclusive of a full Scottish Breakfast – book direct with The Selkirk Arms to get the best deal.
At last, it looks like a spell of settled weather is heading our way for July and August and there’s not better time to come and visit the stunning Artist’s town of Kirkcudbright. There’s a new exhibition on in the new Kirkcudbright Galleries “Charles Oppenheimer – His Art.” Charles Oppenheimer, his father a German Jewish immigrant and his mother a Scots Wee Free, was born in 1875 in Manchester where he grew up, studied and entered his family’s mosaic manufacturing business. A chance meeting in that city drew him in 1909, aged thirty three, to Kirkcudbright. His new career as an artist blossomed only to be interrupted by service at the front in the Great War. Returning in 1919 he lived in the town until his death in 1961.
COME AND EXPLORE KIRKCUDBRIGHT AND THE SOUTH WEST OF SCOTLAND – BEST RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE SELKIRK ARMS WEBSITE OR BY PHONING THEM DIRECT. SUMMER ROOM RATES START FROM £98 PER ROOM.
Book that break today and enjoy the Scottish Riviera at its best – have you tried….
- Hiring bikes and exploring quiet country roads ?
- Packing the Walking boots and heading off with one of our maps and a packed lunch ?
- Playing one of the 29 golf courses in Dumfries and Galloway
- Heading into the Galloway Forest birdwatching or Red Kite spotting ?
- Packing the camera and taking some stunning wildlife photos with The Scottish Wildlife Hides
- Exploring local beaches and beauty spots – bring the metal detector – you may find another Viking hoard
- Explore all the Artist Galleries and workshops in and around Kirkcudbright.
- So much to do… so much to see …. how long have you got ?
For more info and bookings: