White Chocolate Cheesecake from The Selkirk Arms, Kirkcudbright.
- 150g of hobnob biscuits, crushed
- 70g of butter, melted
- 160g white chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
- 550ml double cream
- 290g cream cheese
- 200g fruit juice
- 50g of caster sugar
- 2 gelatine leaf, soaked in cold water
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and push into the base of your tin.
- Set in the fridge
- Melt together 190ml of the double cream and the white chocolate in 20 sec burst in microwave until melted, then add the drained gelatine and stir till dissolved. (Squeeze all water out of gelatine)
- Mix the soft cheese with the remaining cream until smooth and then add to the chocolate mixture. Pour over the set base and return to the fridge until firm.
- Bring the juice and sugar to the boil and add the drained gelatine and mix well
- Pass through a fine sieve and cool.
- When at room temperature pour over the cheesecake and return to the fridge for the glaze to set